Here is my project idea...

UMN Digital Asset Management Requirements Sprint

There are many overlapping efforts in the area of digital asset management, particularly in the area of image collection storage and retrieval. Developing a core set of requirements that span these many efforts would be a big step towards the implementation of a system that meets these needs and will help to shape ongoing efforts (in the University Libraries and the College of Liberal Arts, for example).

Since we have the rare opportunity of many key stakeholders in one room together for a couple of days, let’s put together a core set of requirements to address common needs such as:
* Embeddable Assets for consistent branding (as in the CMS)
* Access and authorization
* (General) metadata requirements
* Required Integration points (and related APIs)
* Collection and/or grouping model
* User Stories
* Technical Workflows
* Transcoding and transformation needs
* Workflows for archiving and preservation

The artifacts of this sprint will be a series of diagrams representing data models, asset workflows (sequence diagrams), user stories, plain language requirements, benchmark analysis, installed software demos and whatever else seems relevant to the project.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chad FennellChad Fennell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark HMark H commented  · 

The AHC Professional Schools have urgent need of a system to manage learning content, or what we are calling a Learning Object Repository (LOR). The OIT Moodle tech team is also realizing that Moodle, by itself, doesn't manage digital assets well at all, it basically just presents them in desired order. But, professional schools need to track image, electronic files in many ways for curriculum mapping, outcomes, competencies, etc. So the Moodle team may be looking at an integration of Moodle + the Alfresco content management system.

Idea Pool

Feedback and Knowledge Base